Archive and backup storage service (ArcTape)
A combination of disks and tape is the optimal solution for the reliable storage of any volume of data. From a financial perspective, the requirements for data storage and the selection of the correct proportion of storage are important.
Cost = Tape archive + Disk cache + Access channel*
|Name||Price, per TB|
|Archive up to 40 TB (30 cartridges)||1 500 RUB/month|
|Archive up to 133 TB (100 cartridges)||1 200 RUB/month|
|Archive up to 399 TB (300 cartridges)||900 RUB/month|
|Archive up to 665 TB (500 cartridges)||750 RUB/month|
|Archive more than 665 TB (500 cartridges)||on request|
* The cost of the access channel depends on the connection point, the method of connection, bandwidth, etc.
Multi-level storage for maximum efficiency
Advantages of tape storage
- Reliability (99.945% according to NERCS data)
- Durability (more than 30 years)
- Economic efficiency
- The last line of defense against hacker attacks
The data storage period is an order of magnitude higher than the disk drives
Data retention on disks is 3-4 years
Data retention on LTO and IBM 3592 tapes is more than 30 years
Reasons for reliability
- Tape cartridges do not have permanently rotating parts
- They do not have electronic components and controllers
- They are resistant to impact loads, because they are free of fragile parts and microelectronics
- They do not heat up
- Even with torn and sintered tapes, you can still remove the data!
Reliability (BER, Bit Error Rates)
82% of data centers in the world use tape (according to Oracle)
Tape libraries in the Google data center
Tape libraries in the 3data data center
Additional information about this service can be obtained from our specialists by e-mail, phone or other.